©ourtesy of Washington Post By Rahiel Tesfamariam
MICHAEL JACKSON: It’s hard to believe that so much time has passed since the world lost Michael Jackson. The “King of Pop” and of Black Entertainment, died three years ago Monday from an overdose of prescription drugs administered to him by his doctor, Conrad Murray, who was later found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to four years in jail.
©ourtesy of hijabeng reblogged realfakescientist:
*Here you have various WoC (women of colour) wearing their traditional, religious and cultural head-coverings. Please try and persuade me that all these women, from various continents are oppressed because they choose to wear traditional/religious/cultural garments.
As a woman of color, I preserve the right to wear my garments religiously and culturally. I will not take off my headscarf or any form of head covering because your ignorance has let you to believe that I am ‘oppressed’. I will wear my culture and religion with pride, and shouldn’t have to be afraid I will face discrimination because of your lack of knowledge of my culture or religion. :: Source: prettyindian
- The oppressor is man, not Islam (thehindu.com)
- Jordanian Christian Sues Employer Over Head Covering (lezgetreal.com)
- head covering for jewish females (jonathanbolton5.typepad.com)
- The hijab has liberated me from society’s expectations of women | Nadiya Takolia (guardian.co.uk)
©ourtesy of Artsy Fartsy Show
Breaking social, political, and artistic boundaries and the status quo happens all the time, all over the world, for personal and social reasons. Out of Bounds is the title of today’s show, an idea that encompasses many different realms. Often, people conform to a certain stereotype in order to fit into a situation. But every so often a person jumps out at you because they are different. They challenge the rules and regulations put into play by society.
Adair Lion: Daring to Break Boundaries
Jack Dourakos Interviews Rapper Adair Lion Continue reading
©ourtesy of bbook reblogged salesonfilm: Source: moltres
Welp, there goes any chance of taking Prometheus seriously ever again.
[Presented without comment.]
©ourtesy of & luckymag:
- precious poetry (anexerciseindiscipline.wordpress.com)
- Eulogy For Murder Victim Given By Man Allegedly Who Killed Him (fox8.com)
- Humble Beginnings (robohams.wordpress.com)
©ourtesy of stayoverthere reblogged did-you-know:
- Happy Birthday: Tupac Shakur (dramasmainvoice.com)
- 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Tupac (nickygeezy.com)
- Tupac Back – New Figure Unveiled at Madame Tussauds Hollywood (losanjealous.com)
©ourtesy of BOB-O-RAMA
- Humphrey Bogart – Style Icon (waldina.com)
- Humphrey Bogart’s Estate Sues Burberry (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Of all the ads in all the world… Humphrey Bogart’s son sues Burberry – claiming they ‘illegally’ used images of the screen icon to sell coats (dailymail.co.uk)
©ourtesy of veganpuglove reblogged parkscommitteeof-pawnee:
©ourtesy of amoral.com
- Painting Unmentionable Love: Károly Ferenczy’s Homoerotic Aestheticism (hungarianarthist.wordpress.com)